Monday, August 4, 2014

I run because

I like medals? Just kidding..... Kinda, I do love getting those racing medals.  Everyone gets a trophy! #IAmAMillennialAfterAll ;-)




I run because I can.  I don't HAVE to or dread it as much as I used to, not to be fast (there is walking).  It is me time, my time to think, my time to get away, to pray, I run for my kids & husband, I run to get away from my kids, to breath or TRY to breath, it gets hard,  I run to not think about work or life's stresses, I run for me.  It's something I never thought I would do or enjoy.   

I run because I never regret it. 
  

My first race at the end of March and I signed up for the 2nd one as we were driving home that day. I caught the bug.  If anyone as the chance to do the diva dash, do it, the atmosphere was awesome for my first race. Not so awesome was the 25 degree weather before the race started. 


  

Running an evening race in 95 degree weather with a heat index of 102 = Not so awesome.  
But it just makes finishing even better!


I was so excited to run with my sister, (who as I like to call her is a "real runner"- I do NOT fall into this category), little did I know she was going to push me harder than I imagined only to have me PR by 3 minutes!!! #HatedHerDuringTheRun Now if she just lived closer to be a pain in my ass more often. 

 Oh, I also didn't know this race was uphill for the first 2 miles.

(FYI- during this run 1/2 of my face & my entire body was swollen/covered in poison ivy. It was really awful) 

So, I'm starting to become one of those people, the annoying ones on social media who talks/post/pins/etc (I know, I'm already THAT mom!) about running.  I'm okay with that, I'm proud of myself and if you don't like it. Well, un-friend me. :-) 



**Disclaimer- doing a blog about running does not mean I think I'm a real runner or fast-ish.  I know I'm inconstant and pretty slow (or lazy?). I also know this was all over the place! :) 


1 comment:

Kristin said...

You ARE a REAL runner! :-) If you run, you're a runner!

Keep it up!