Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tomorrow, my little boy will be ONE




I remember exactly what I was doing a year ago... being the over-achiever, dedicated, NPPC employee I am... I went to work (in a snow storm) the day I was going to be induced. I'm pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! ;-) It was a 1/2 day but still! I went mostly because I would've been a wreck sitting around the house all day. It was kind of funny because all of my fellow co-workers a bunch of guys really thought I was going to delivery at any minute. Anyway, I digress!

I had a moment of panic prior to PR coming, the panic wasn't for myself or Reed, but for K.Rae Her only child world was going to be flipped upside down and I was freaking out about it! should have thought about that 39 weeks sooner! I got over it though when remembered that lots of people have younger siblings and they turn out just fine. I mean, look at MY sister.... I can't imagine what her life would be like without her baby sis in it! Actually, I can... she probably would have gotten her ass beat up, I protected her, damn... she owes me.

Back to P... the weather was awful, snow storm, blizzard conditions, we were suppose to be checked in at 10:00pm, it was a 20 minute drive from our house so we left 2 hours early. Naturally, right? Well, it's a good thing we did because we were only early by about 20 minutes. See, told you the weather sucked.

Upon arrival the nurses made us wait forever took us right to the room to get settled in for a relaxing night of sleep, after they tried to kill me with the IV's & monitors. I was given the pitocin and was quickly reminded how bad all of this was going to suck. Not because contractions started, because I thought I was going to get sick just because of the IV. I'm a big pansey pretty tough.

Needless to say, the IV didn't kill me, I was actually able to get a pretty good night's sleep (though I can't say the same for Reed who slept on a pull out couch). Contractions started at 6AM ish and shortly after there was painful contractions, cussing, and then a GIANT NEEDLE they stuck in my back, which shortly after I and probably more so Reed thanked heavens for. Despite the painful needles and the few cuss words, it was fairly quick and easy.

PR was born at 12:41pm weighing... 9lbs 9 oz... yes, I delivered a toddler and today he is 30lbs! I know everyone always says this but the past year has gone by so fast! I can't believe when I look at him that he's already a year. Here is a run down of different stages, cause you all care right?? ;-)
  • 11 weeks- Rolled over for the first time
  • 5 months- Got up on his knees to attempt to crawl
    - Did the worm instead.... it was amazing
  • 6 months- Crawling... everywhere!
  • 8 months- stood by himself
  • 9 months- started walking one day
    - started running the next week
  • Somewhere in between 7-9 months he started saying Mama & Dada... but I'm a slacker and didn't write it down, whoops. #secondchild #parentingfail
  • 11 months- started saying "Hissss" which is P speak for "Horse"

All joking aside he is amazing and we have been Blessed! Love him and couldn't imagine life without my baby Bronco.


Happy Birthday, baby Bronco.!!!!


On a side note, it kinda only just a little rocked K's world but she loves her little brother most days.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I definitely would have been beat up! Ha!

Kristin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATE!!!!!