Saturday, December 15, 2012

No better way to spend my favorite month then in my favorite place…. New Mexico.

I’m just behind “in life” as I like to call it.  I’m two months behind in posting about our wonderful family vacation but with all that has occurred in the past two months I’m not going to apologize for it!

At the beginning of October we piled in the car  for the long haul to New Mexico.

Well, Reed flew (jerk) and I drug my mom along to help with the drive and to help with the kids during the trip.  (She was a life saver!!! THANKS MOM!)  We drove to the booming metropolis of Stratford Texas where we spent the night with Liz.  She and I stayed up late chatting away and were told by K. Rae and my mom that we sounded like a bunch of high school girls at a sleep over. What can I say, I missed my Outlaw!!

The next morning we all headed to Ruidoso, I hadn’t been there in YEARS and being in the mountains was so refreshing!  Thursday night I took the kids over to the Tuttle Cabin to see everyone and they had a b-day celebration for the October birthdays!

the moment he saw the cake
I got up Friday morning to go for a run but K decided she wanted to go with me so we just walked… I’m glad we did because within the first ½ mile we stumbled across 6 deer and by the end of our walk had counted 21.  So glad I had my phone to snap pictures.  We both agree this was more educational then school!

Rehearsal & Rehearsal dinner were Friday night and we had a great time hanging out with the family & friends.



The real fun begin after when we headed to a local Irish bar and met up with all of our old friends (plus new ones), we had a blast (I may have had more fun than most… and paid for it the next morning)





Saturday we got a new sister! Woohoo!  The wedding was beautiful and I must say that the flower girl and ring bearer were the cutest I’ve EVER seen!!! ;-) I am so glad we were able to spend time with the family and have these wonderful memories that are still so fresh in our minds.  Not to mention beautiful pictures of everyone all dolled up! Now…. here come a “few” of my favorites.    



Love this picture of PR with his Mammaw!
peaking out at the action
The Tuttle's 
my cowboys
 We all danced the night away!! The kids had the best time being right in the middle of the action!

makes my heart smile...
one day we'll have another picture just like this but she'll be dancing on her own. 
dancing with Aunt Liz

Aunt Traci dancing with the kids

candy bar

Sunday morning we headed over to the cabin to let the kids play and say goodbye to the family, not realizing that those moments would soon be forever etched in my brain. I am so thankful we didn't rush to get on the road.



After we left the cabin we headed down the mountain to Cruces... but we'll save those pictures for another post!

3 comments:

Louise said...

Katie,
Thanks for sharing family pictures. You have a beautiful family.
Love ya
Cousins
Louise & Bob

Jenn said...

I'm friends with the Tuttle's (graduated with Lonnie and know both the boys). It may seem a little creepy but I found your blog and love looking at it to see your precious family. Good wedding photos! My heart is going out to all of you these days!

Tuttle Tales said...

Thanks all! Glad you enjoy it, though I don't blog often enough!