Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blue polyester & steel toes

Sitting in the lab a few minutes ago I was thinking about how exactly I got to a place in my life where I'm covering someone on a 3rd shift job (10pm-6am), wearing a polyester blue uniform and steel toe shoes. Who would have thought I'd EVER be working in a factory. Not that I'm a line operator and "technically" I don't make it... I work in the department that assures that everything that goes out the door is safe for pets to consume, no more of this recall stuff.


This company is wonderful... the people, the potentional to move up is endless, the pay, the travel, the benefits, the work-life balance, the stablity (I work for the biggest food company in the world, we aren't going anywhere!), everything.... but is this really my calling in life? I've always wanted to be a trainer or farm manager, how did I end up making cat food??? Weird!

No comments: