Thursday, October 23, 2008

Everyone says it happens so fast

It seems to me that as you get older your life speeds up and you can't do anything about it. Put that in overdrive when you have a baby... lil chick will be 2 years old tomorrow! I offically have a toddler and not a baby anymore, how did that happen? I know how this sounds but it truely feels like yesterday that I was sitting at my sister's house (2 yrs ago today) waiting for my little girl to come... hoping her due date didn't pass with no sign of her. Hard to believe it was 2 years ago!
This year as gone by so fast and our lives have changed so much!!


*Side Note: I didn't intend for this blog to be about K and not that I think it will be exclusively but... I guess it is just something that happens when you have a kid!

I have become aware, thanks to Reed for pointing things out, that I'm one of "those moms"... I am the one who sings at the top of my lungs to songs she loves (examples: The Wiggles... is there anything better really?!? riiight) and dances around the house & car for her pure enjoyment. She loves it and I will do anything to see her laugh and smile. Yesterday after I picked KR up from daycare I became more aware of the fact that everything I do, really is for her. I've started to take a different longer route home just so we can pass 3 different farms with horses and cows so she can see and talk about them. I also know that between 3-3:10 everyday a train goes through town and we will be stuck behind it if we go a certain way, yet I do it anyway just so "we" can see it. She gets so excited!





No comments: