Sunday, May 24, 2009

What we've been waiting for...

Last Monday afternoon I was called into my boss' office, along with the HR manager. With the recent events at my place of work... this wasn't looking good. Ekkk! I sit down, half nervous/half excited.... it could really only be 1 of two things.... Promo/transfer or FIRED!!?!?
Well.... we've been waiting for this for about 1.5 years now..... WE ARE MOVING!!! I was told there is a job opportunity in Crete, NE (about 25 minutes from Lincoln). The HR manager told me they wanted me there to visit, "sometime this week". I immediately went back to my desk, called the Crete HR manager... then booked a flight. I left Wednesday afternoon! The trip went great... I really like my new boss. The plant is A LOT different there... lots going on, lots of QA issues... holds, etc! Not at all like the JFR plant but I'm ready for it and ready to be challenged. It's sink or swim! I think it'll do me good to get out of the Jefferson plant... though I'm going to miss this plant. As much as I do complain about Wisconsin (still hate this place).... I like my job. I work with some great people who I'm gonna miss.

Now.... we just have to find a house!!! The little things, right? lol. Oh yea.... and they want me to start June 29th..... we have 4.5 weeks to find a house, find a place for the horses, buy a new horse trailer, pack up/move our house (well... the company does this!! Thank the Lord!), get there....then start my new job.... oh the stress!! But it's gonna be wonderful and we are up for it!! It's exciting to start all over again.

I THINK Nebraska will be a better fit for us??? More rodeo, closer to home, not Wisconsin, not as much snow,etc. We will only be 8 hours from Reed's twin brother.... 12 to his parents. We are currently 20 from his bro and 24 from his parent's. That also means we will 16 from HOME!! (Las Cruces). The only down side is it puts us 4 hours farther away from my mom! :-( But that's okay... she can hope on a plane and be there in no time!

Wish us luck!

No comments: