Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bah, Humbug!!!

I've felt like such a Scrooge the past couple days and not Scrooge McDuck (who is still slightly lovable but the nasty old man Scrooge).



This week has consisted of a excessive few random crying spurts in which my oh so loving husband was planning his escape far far away from psycho pregnant lady supportive.

A few of my VERY LEGIT reasons for loosing all control the past couple days:
  1. Christmas gifts I'd already mailed as of last night = ZERO (thankfully these were mailed today with the hope that they make it by Christmas)
  2. The fact that we haven't sent out our Christmas cards yet... my solution this year.... sorry folks you aren't getting one! I don't feel the need to stress myself out about taking the family picture, collecting any addresses of family/friends that I have managed to lose don't have, and mailing them knowing that they'd be late! So judge me, you aren't getting one. However, you can expect a baby announcement in a couple months.
  3. Not sure exactly what I'm cooking for Christmas Dinner... I have a turkey & ham in the freezer but we're thinking of doing something different this year, just not sure what yet.
  4. I have not done any baking yet this year.
A few non-Christmas related freak out reasons:
  1. Work is stressing me out! Who decided it was a good idea to give a lady in her 3rd trimester a promotion?? Which so far as equaled more work and more stress.... not to mention I now get phone calls in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep.
    *Disclaimer: I'm very happy I got a promotion to a manager position!! It just didn't come at the best time for my sanity*
  2. This baby in my belly has no name! Minus the very ridiculous loving names given by my stellar cohorts at NPPC. Jayrk, Taco, Cactus Jack, Baby Bronco, etc.
  3. The fact that my doc keeps telling me that he thinks lil Bronco is coming early and I'm so unprepared! We do have a crib, a retarded amount of clothes ranging from 0-9 months, a changing table, toys (KR thinks her brother needs to be just as spoiled as she is), a swing (whoop whoop Team Jefferson!), a few other small items and thanks to my nagging the baby's room is now painted. That's it though... no crib bedding, decor on the walls, or anything else we need! It stresses me out to be unprepared.
All of these reasons (plus many more) have resulted in me being a complete B to anyone in my path... I apologize (Reed, co-workers, the two guys behind the photo counter at Wally-World, lady at the post office, etc.) and will try control myself, though I can't make any promises! ;-)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

My vote goes towards naming him Baby Bronco. Done. Check that stressor off the list!

Lonnie said...

Hope you are feeling better! Our gifts got here safe and sound yesterday, so you can cross that worry off your list. Packages sent! Hang in there. :)

Tuttle Tales said...

Thanks Lonnie, glad your gifts got there! I'm over my Scrooge like behavior and now very excited for Christmas.... I was just stressed out last week!