Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Visit to Labor and Delivery

So last night I was feeling pretty good (i.e. my back wasn't hurting) when I got home from work so I decided I would go out and feed the horses/goats.... ya know be nice so the husband wouldn't have to feed after dark in the cold. Well, long story short no more favors for that guy I stepped on some bales of hay and threw the hay... when I went to step off I slipped then I was on the ground.

Nothing major... I didn't land on my belly.... I caught myself on my right side (hip) and hands.

By the time I finished feeding the animals and got inside I had some back pain/twinges the rest of the night. I laid on the couch and took it easy. I woke up is morning with my back feeling a little better so I went ahead and headed to work. By the time I got there my back was really hurting. It was a couple hours of back pain/hobbling around and then pain in my lower abdomen started so I called the doctor.

I expected (okay... I hoped) them to tell me that there was nothing to be concerned about as long as I wasn't having contractions, no spotting, etc. and I was waiting for a "take it easy". Well.... that isn't what they said.

They sent me straight over to Labor & Delivery, no questions asked, do not pass go, to be put on the monitor (& possible ultrasound) for observation.

They hooked me up to monitor baby and me. They checked me for dilation. But the most exciting thing about it... my room was so peaceful and I had to just lay there that I was able to sleep for about 40 minutes... until the damn monitor started alarming because it lost the connection.

Baby looked good, I was dehydrated- which BTW makes no sense because I drank about 32 oz of water while at work.... anyway... they gave me some good drugs for my pain and sent me on my way with instructions to take it easy and come back to the hospital if the pain doesn't get better.

I am TOTALLY kinda over doctor/hospital visits and complications (even though Thank the Lord they have been minor).... when I was pregnant with Kailee I literally had no complications. No extra visits to the doctor and didn't go to the hospital until the night I went into labor. This little boy is killing me!!

I'm ready for this guy to to get out of my belly! :-)

No comments: