Thursday, December 23, 2010

Scrooge is gone!





I am over my Scrooge-like behavior and totally psyched for Christmas!! Everything is ready... yummy food, cookies for Santa are made, and there are lots of presents under the tree! I can't wait to see K's reactions, she's so in awe of everything this year!





This is the first year that we've ever had a holiday (besides Easter) just us.... and no offense to our families but I can't wait for it to just be the 3 of us... focused just on each other, no dealing with lines at the airports or the weather while traveling, we'll be on our own schedule for opening gifts, eat what & when we want, no stress...just relaxing and playing with new toys!



Another reason that we're excited for a quite Christmas at home is because this is the "last
chance" for it to just be the three of us. Reed works a lot of weekends so we don't get a chance for the three of us to spend time together plus January will be crazy! I'm going to be stressing out preparing for leave, Reed will be working more weekends, he is headed to Denver for Market the 13th-18th, my mom is coming, and then lil Cowboy will be here to turn KRae's world upside down!

Things/Traditions I'm excited for this year:
  • Reed having 2.5 days off! Whoop Whoop!
  • Opening up gifts from extended family on Christmas Eve
  • Reading the Twas the Night Before Christmas & the Story of Christmas to K before bed
  • Putting on our Christmas PJ's, making the secret Tuttle family recipe for hot chocolate, and driving around to look at lights with K & Reed
  • Watching K. Rae open her gifts from everyone
  • Watching Reed open his gifts
  • Opening presents for myself
  • Putting out cookies & milk for Santa
  • Carrots for the reindeer!
  • Seeing the excitement after Santa comes Christmas morning
  • Yummy food!
  • Bumming around in my PJ's and playing with all K's new toys
  • Re-living my childhood Christmas' through K's eyes

3 comments:

Lonnie said...

I didn't know there was a secret Tuttle recipe for hot chocolate. :)

Tuttle Tales said...

There isn't... your brother told me that. Then your mom totally burst his bubble and told him it was the one on the side of the Hershey's Coco... he was pretty bummed. lol

Kristin said...

Glad scrooge is gone and no offense taken! One of our best holidays was when it was just the 3 of us. :-)